RDCK | Riondel Water Treatment Plant
In 2011, WSA was retained by the RDCK to provide engineering design and project management services for the construction of the Riondel Water Treatment Plant.
Riondel is a community of approximately 300 people located on the east side of Kootenay Lake. The community water system includes 196 service connections that are supplied by surface water from Hendryx and Indian Creeks.
In 2011, WSA was retained by the RDCK to provide engineering design and project management services for the construction of the Riondel Water Treatment Plant. The treatment plant includes an innovative ultrafiltration method using semi-permeable membranes. The UF filtration system qualifies for a 2.5 log removal of viruses and a 4 log removal of giardia/cryptosporidium resulting in minimal chlorination or ultraviolet disinfection requirements.
During the course of the project WSA was responsible for completion of the following tasks:
- Coordinate construction and obtain approvals from Interior Health Authority
- Coordinate UF filtration pilot project
- Design specifications for the water treatment plant
- Prepare detailed design drawings for construction
- Prepare RFP for design and supply of UF water treatment modules
- Review proposals and recommend award
- Prepare tender for plant construction
- Prepare Class A cost estimate
- Contract Administration including preparing progress payments, detailing deficiencies,
and issuing substantial performance certificates
- Preparation of record drawings and O&M manuals